Saturday, December 20, 2008

Why kids shouldn't choose their haircuts

It started out innocently enough... Jimmy and Susie sitting in separate chairs at the neighborhood hairstylist. Jimmy was keeping the whole place entertained with his happy attitude and musings about Christmas, snow and being a big brother. Then his stylist asked me if his bangs were short enough and I made my big mistake... I said "Jimmy, what do you think? is that short enough?" even though I thought it was the perfect length for his hair. Well, he flattened and pulled his bangs and hair and said, "no, my hair is still falling down". So I let her cut them a little more... and he moved, so she had to cut a little more to even it out... and he moved again (see where this is going?). Add to his haircut Susie's never-ending static electricity since moving to the dryest state EVER, and we now have kids who could pass for Lloyd and Harry from Dumb and Dumber.

But I still think they look cute, it's just fun to tease.

No comments: