Thursday, September 25, 2008

Already a slacker, but I'm back with BIG news!!!

So I haven't been around much to update this, but we have big news... actually, a couple pieces of big news!!!
1. We are moving to Bozeman Montana. I know some of you know already (thanks to Facebook for helping me get the word out), but for others this is a pretty big change... you should see the southern faces when I tell them that we are moving to Montana!!! It isn't SO weird for us from the Rockies to grasp, but Montana is a LONG way from South Carolina!!!
Anyway, Sam and I have been for a house-hunting trip, and I was able to check out the preschools (not nearly as abundant as in Summerville, I'm afraid). Overall, Bozeman looks like a great place to live, and we are excited to get back on the slopes and teach the kids to ski (well, not me, since I'm preggers this year, and also 'cause I have no patience, but Sam will have fun on the slopes with Jimmy after he takes a few lessons). We have narrowed our housing choice down to a specific neighborhood, and are in the process of buying a house... although it sure would be nice if our current residence sold first!!!
2. We had our 20 week ultrasound while we were house-hunting and It's a... BOY!!!! The tech was frustrated that the baby wouldn't move to show her much more than the proof that Jimmy will get his wish of a brother, so she only printed one picture, of the baby's hand waving (or giving the "OK" sign). I'll have to go in for another U/S after we move. She did say that he looks big, at a whopping 1 pound... no idea what the usual weight is for a 20 weeker, so I'll take her word for it.
I forgot the camera on our little trip, so all I have are some shots from a disposable, and since my scanner is being finicky (it will copy, but not scan to a file, I wish I could explain that), I will have to wait to post pictures of the beautiful Montana scenery (we stopped to get pictures of the Bridger Mountains and ended up doing a photo shoot in a cemetary - nice, huh?) and the little one.

No comments: