Monday, November 3, 2008

"Caa, Peese" - translation: Trick-or-Treat!

We took the kids trick-or-treating at the Bozeman Mall because although the weather has been pretty mild here, it was still too cold for our thin-blooded selves to brave the night air (even for candy).
-Oh yeah, the other reason the night was too cold was because Susie preferred to be "naked!", or at least half-naked to wearing her costume on both shoulders - we were lucky to get some tights on her skinny little legs. :)-
So dressed as a Storm Trooper and a Princess (actually a Clone Trooper and Snow White, but the kids are convinced otherwise), we spent a leisurely evening strolling the mall and accepting all the treats of the season - well, at least we can pretend it was leisurely.


The kids have been pretty good about not demanding too much candy at a time, although yesterday Susie asked me for "Caa, Peese" and when I told her "no", she cuddled up to Sam, and with her sweetest Aren't-you-the-man-who-is-wrapped-around-my-little-finger-little-girl voice, she said "Dad-die, Caa, Peee-eese?". Then she pulled her head back a little, batted her eyelashes, gave him another squeeze and repeated her plea. I told her that he wasn't going to fall for it, and she turned and with one look she said "Give me a minute mom, I'm working my magic here..." and I'm sure that if the Broncos hadn't been doing so poorly she would have been able to sweettalk herself into some chocolate, but alas, Daddy wasn't in the mood yesterday.

No comments: