Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Best Big Brother and Sister Ever!

Jimmy and Susie have been amazing older siblings. They are both so excited to see Gabe every morning, and they want to be a part of everything he does. Whether it is helping with his bath, finding a pacifier or wiping some drool from his chin, they want to be involved. Jimmy goes beyond helping with the everyday tasks, and he seems to have bonded with Gabe. One day I let Gabe nap on the middle of my bed while I showered. When I was done, I came out and saw Jimmy laying next to him, talking to him in a soothing voice, telling him all about his toys and giving him advice on life. Susie is great at giving me up-to-the-minute updates on Gabe: "Gabey's eyes is open", "Gabey's eyes is closed". She has also renamed all of her baby dolls "Gabe"... She differentiates them from her brother as "My Gabe" vs "Gabe" or "Gabey". Susie also makes sure that "Gabey" is never without his lovey, at least not unless she is playing with it. :)

Jimmy talking to Gabe
Susie kissing Gabe's feet

They are both wonderful helpers and very loving with their baby brother, and Sam and I are blessed to have such incredible kids.

2 comments:

the van den Berg blog said...

I love the pictures of the kids and grandparents. I can not believe how big Jimmy and Susie is already. Hard to believe Jimmy was the little baby I knew in Switserland. Hope the Montana weather is treating you good

akoeneman said...

Wow, you all really seem to have settled into your "new" family life well. I'm so glad Jimmy and Susie are adjusting well too. I love seeing the pics. Hope you are enjoying Montana.