Friday, August 21, 2009

Ahem, remember me?

This is a post I started about a month ago, and never got around to finishing... hope it still makes some sense. :) Gabe is almost 7 months now, Susie just turned 3, and summer is almost over (and it was shorter than usual, from what I've been told).

"Well, Little Gabe is almost 6 months old now, and Susie is almost 3 yrs. Jimmy turned 5 since my last update, and we've been to Denver twice. Some of the biggest things that have happened are

-Sam finished his first semester since transfering to UNL (online) for his MBA... after this semester he will be caught up to where he was when he left USC. Dang it that they don't transfer all of your credit hours!

- Jimmy turned 5. YEA!

- Jimmy was diagnosed with a spermadic cord hydrocele and had it repaired at Presbyterian St Luke's Hospital in Denver. This was basically the same surgery as a hernia repair. We were really worried because the local radiologist described it as a complex cystic structure and said he had never seen anything like this in a child before. Turns out they are fairly common, and it wasn't that big of a deal to fix it. It did require general anesthesia, but it was same-day surgery and Jimmy was back to normal in 24 hrs.

- Sam and our neighbor built a fence around our backyards, so now the kids can play safely and we can enjoy a meal outdoors without people spying us through the empty lot behind our house.

- I joined a book club, and met some really great ladies through the club (I had met a few before, but got to know them a little better now).

I still feel like I'm waiting for summer to start, since it just hasn't gotten that hot here in Big Sky Country yet, but I'm hopeful. "

I'll post pictures at a later date...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great to see you are alive and well! those kids grow up too fast, I'm glad you are getting used to life in your new city! take care and give kissed to the kids... Lisa